4 x 4 x 39" Standard Post Base. Used for mounting post to concrete. Mounts using (4) 3/8" x 3" wedge type anchor bolts (not included). Special blocking required when used on wood decks.
1) Galvanized Post Bases are designed to be mounted to structurally sound, horizontal concrete surfaces. The 4x4 size Galvanized Post Base may be mounted to wood framing by using the wood framing adapter (#GPBA) sold separately.
2) Install a minimum of four 3/8” x 3” wedge type concrete anchor bolts corresponding to the four 7/16” dia. holes in the base plate.
3) Position post base over bolts so that railing sections will be mounting to one of the post base’s three solid sides.
4) Secure the post base to the four bolts using nuts and washers.
5) If shimming is required to achieve a plumb installation place additional washers over bolts between concrete and base plate. See Fig 1.
6) Slip vinyl deck post sleeve over galvanized post base
7) Install decorative vinyl post skirt (if used)
8) Install railing sections as per railing section instructions using #10 x 1.25” self tapping stainless steel screws (not included)